Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Look Mom, I'm Blogging!

So I've never posted a blog before. Maybe I'm scared of it, maybe I'm too lazy to figure out the functions, or maybe I'm "too busy". I really can't chalk it up to a single reason. I just haven't.

I'm finding that I'm slowly slipping into the "technologically-impaired" side of life. It's really quite sad. I think this mental block against technology started when my neighbor's kid called me a "grown-up." Shocking excuse, I know, but that's what I'm going to blame it on.

However, I do have a few redeeming points to be proud of. I did get an iPhone (by protest), I do take full advantage of my company laptop and work from home when needed, and yes in my spare time I do watch YouTube.

But, i don't listen to podcasts, I almost never download songs from iTunes (mostly because I'm broke and ever $1 counts!). And up until this second, I haven't "blogged."

I think I'm also reaching a mental barrier because I know the big "30" is coming. Mind you - it's not this year... or next, I'm just pre-obsessing because that's who I am.

When do we start calling ourselves a "grown-up?" Is it paying taxes and bills? Is it marriage? Is it children? When am I supposed to officially feel like an adult?

So here's the sad truth: In an effort to stem my pre-30 freak out, and my techno-phobia/mental barrier, I am blogging. I think this depressing behavior (blogging in attempts to escape adulthood) officially makes me an adult.

3 comments:

BuzzBunny said...

Welcome to blogging! Now, let's get you drunk and see what you'll blog next!

AlphaDog said...

Well, speaking as someone who is over 30, I think you start to feel like an adult, or maybe just "old," when you start to look and act like your mom (no offense to my mom)! Just something I have noticed lately.

BuzzBunny said...

And as one of the elder MGs (the oldest girl if you don't count our honorary boys), age ain't nothin' but a numbah!

 
design by suckmylolly.com